Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My First 5K Race...

I entered my very first 5K this past weekend. I have been working out five days a week for a year now, so I figured I could step it up a notch and do the 5k and it was benefiting a schools library....etc.  I survived the race...finished with a time of 33:09 which for me I thought was a bit disappointing.  I wanted to finish under 30 mins.  It was so hard and fustrating at the same time.  I run 15 miles per week, but I run on the treadmill not outside.  It was totally different and that is why it effected my time.  I went out and brought a stop watch and I am going for my first outside run tomorrow.  Let's see what I clock! Stay tuned...I will be running more 5k's for sure but my time will be much better next time.

Here are some pics of race day...


The starting line...


Me and my friend Ehren (who's also a personal trainer). She finished in 25 mins.


As you can see I was a bit winded and tired...(I am wearing black)


Crossing the finish line...


I'll keep you posted tomorrow on my run...

Chao for now...

Tati

No comments:

Post a Comment